Sunday, April 11, 2010

Copa Cafe - Coquitlam,B.C.

Today I thought I would try out Copa cafe in Coquitlam, I have seen it around for a few years now and although the funny looking chef logo they have does not scream good restaurant, it has been in operation for a few years now (and besides I've been craving Chinese for a few weeks now) so I figure, why not?

In entering, I learn that Copa cafe is a Hong Kong style Chinese restaurant, for those of you who like me don't know, that means it's a mix of Chinese and western dishes.

After a busy wait in line and being slightly intimidated that I am the only only white person here in a busy restaurant, I look at the huge menu and decide on shredded beef fried rice. The food arrives within 2 minutes of me ordering it and is quite good, a bit greasy which I expect and enjoy from a fried rice, filled with a fair bit of beef and some very crispy lettuce and green onion, a generous portion for 7.50 with taxes and a Hong Kong style tea.

The service at Copa was not great, but the food was, and for the price I might have to go try some of the more original Western/Chinese dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment