Monday, April 12, 2010

Los Margaritas- Vancouver

Today was a particularly nice sunny day in Vancouver and one of my favorite things to do on such a day is to sit on a patio (especially the patio at Las Margaritas).

I arrived at about 1 just when the restaurant started to slow down after the lunch rush, and unfortunately the patio was closed and will not be open until some time next week.

I sat down with my friend right by the window (at least we could look outside even if we weren't able to sit there), and we got the standard complimentary salsa and chips. Although the portion seemed larger than usual, the salsa still had the same excellence. After debating with a few choices I finally decided upon the tortilla soup and a quesadilla with chicken.

The tortilla soup was fantastic, a very rich but thin chicken/tomato broth, fresh tomatoes that seemed to be added towards the end of cooking that contributed great flavor and texture. The tortillas were fresh and contributed well to the soup. The amount of spice was good, I could have had more, but I'm not very spice tolerant so I may have looked a bit worse for the rest of the day.

The quesadilla was alright, it had good value for the price. I was not totally satisfied though, as I felt the chicken was watery and could have been more flavorful. My friend had the cheese quesadilla and I preferred hers to mine.

In summary I will be returning to Las Maragritas and enjoying some good Mexican food and delicious margaritas on their patio once our summer heats up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment